Southern Bred Toys’
Puppy Contract & Health Guarantee
Jana & Derek Burnett
205.430.1016 * 205.712.2822
ON THIS DATE: 9.9.1999
Jana Burnett (Seller) has agreed to sell, and Jane Doe (Buyer) has agreed to purchase one AKC possible Pembroke Welsh Corgi Puppy for the purchase price named below, under the terms in this Agreement and described as follows:
PUPPY BEING SOLD
Breed: Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Registration Color: Red & White
SBT Identification Name: Puppy 4
Parents: Mike & Edie
AKC Registration #DN99999999
Sex of Puppy: Male
Date of Birth: 7.4.1983
This puppy is being purchased a) as a pet
b) as a pet with breeding rights
A deposit of $0 has been placed towards the price of the puppy, leaving a balance of $0.
Southern Bred Toys reserves the right to void this transaction and refund the deposit money if we learn of any reason why the buyer may not be suitable for the puppy - (i.e. Buyer is found to be untruthful with their intentions, buyer is found to be an animal abuser, dog flipper, violent person, representative of a Pet Store, etc.)
_____ Full AKC Registration (Breeding Rights): Offspring of this dog can be registered
with the AKC if bred to an AKC registered dog with full registration of the same
breed, and meets all other rules for AKC registration.
_____ Limited AKC Registration:Offspring cannot be registered with the AKC & this
puppy must be spayed/neutered within one year of pick up.
Southern Bred Toys’ Representations
Southern Bred Toys takes pride in producing healthy dogs with wonderful temperaments. We guarantee your puppy to be free from infectious diseases for 2 business days upon receiving him/her. Your puppy must be vet examined within 48 hours of receiving him/her. Southern Bred Toys does not guarantee against any communicable diseases beyond 48 hours of receiving the puppy. We guarantee the puppy for 2 years from the date of birth against any genetic defect that would be life threatening to the dog. The diagnosis must take place within the first 2 years for this claim to be valid. The dog must be treated by a licensed vet and all documentation must be sent to our (Southern Bred Toys’) vet for verification. This genetic health guarantee is for all internal organs and issues that are not visible on a routine physical examination. We strive to produce the healthiest puppies we can by only breeding healthy adult dogs. To ensure the health of your puppy, the puppy needs to be kept current on all regular vet check-ups and vaccines. Our puppies are sent home with a current record of vaccines and will be vet checked to confirm good health before being released to the buyer. The puppy cannot be bred, or this guarantee is null & void. If a problem arises and all documentation has been received, the buyer will then be entitled to a replacement puppy of the same sex and color in the next available litter. This guarantee does not transfer. This guarantee is for a replacement puppy only and holds no cash value. The buyer is responsible for all shipping expenses for the replacement puppy. The buyer can either keep the original dog purchased or send him/her back to live with us at Southern Bred Toys. The buyer will transfer ownership of the original dog purchased back to the breeder prior to receiving a replacement.
Your Southern Bred Toy goes home with an AKC or CKC application, dewclaws removed (if breed specific), tails docked, health record with vaccines given, microchip certificates, 2 year genetic health guarantee, individualized data sheets, a puppy folder, squeaky toy scented by mother & siblings, and a sample bag of puppy food that is being fed by us at SBT. All puppies have been appropriately socialized with men, women, children, large dogs, small dogs, and cats. The puppies are introduced to routine grooming (nails clipped, bathing, hair dryer, etc.) at 4 weeks old if not before.
We guarantee that this puppy is the offspring of the purebred sire (father) and purebred dam (mother) that is listed at the top of this agreement. This puppy is bred to be a companion animal. There is no warranty by Southern Bred Toys as to its fitness for any specific purpose.
- The Buyer agrees that the dog will live with the buyer as his or her companion. The Buyer also agrees that he or she is not an agent for another person or business in this purchase.
- The Buyer agrees to have a licensed veterinarian check the health of the puppy within 48 hours of receiving it. This is to ensure the Buyer’s confidence in the health of the dog, as well as establish a relationship between buyer & veterinarian for the benefit of the puppy. If there is a problem with the dog’s health please see the Health Guarantee.
- The Buyer agrees that the dog will be kept as a household pet. Adequate food, fresh water, shelter, affection, and medical care upon sickness, disease, or injury will be provided for the puppy. Maintenance should include an annual health exam and routine vaccinations. The buyer should continue to provide regular socialization for the puppy after the puppy has received all sets of his/her vaccinations.
- The Buyer agrees that the dog will not be kept on a chain. He/she will be properly exercised.
- The Buyer agrees to register the puppy’s microchip through AKC Reunite within one week of picking up the puppy. In addition to a registered microchip, a collar and identification tag will be used to safeguard the dog against becoming lost.
- Should the buyer find themselves unexpectedly in a circumstance where life, death, or other loss prevents them from being able to properly care for the puppy, the buyer agrees that we (SBT) will be contacted, and the puppy/dog will be returned. The buyer agrees that under no circumstances will a Southern Bred Puppy be placed in a dog shelter or rescue center. Our puppies will always have a home with us regardless of their age.
Payment is due in full at the time Southern Bred Toys releases the puppy to the Buyer. The balance must be paid in cash unless otherwise discussed.
This contract represents the entire agreement between both parties. Southern Bred Toys and the buyer have made no other agreements, promises, or representations, unless specifically stated in this written agreement. All disputes are subject to resolution in Southern Bred Toys’ domain: Lamar County, Alabama.
Southern Bred Toys and the buyer each receive one copy of this agreement signed by both.
The buyer is to sign below the SBT’s copy of this contract upon receipt of the puppy from Southern Bred Toys.
I acknowledge that I have received the puppy into my possession.